By Misty Berryman, PMP
This is a question I am posing to local and state government Emergency Management Departments. For anyone who’s ever undergone the disaster recovery process, they can attest to the daunting task of navigating the ever-evolving labyrinth of FEMA Public Assistance (PA) policies and regulations, as well as other grant program requirements. The process can be especially complicated for entities that are new to the FEMA PA world. We want to encourage you to be pro-active, instead of reactive, by having a consultant contracted and ready to activate, should a disaster strike in your location.
Disaster Recovery Consultants can provide technical expertise and strategic approaches, and should possess the following attributes:
- Can demonstrate extensive experience navigating the FEMA Public Assistance process and new PA model, including the application of policies and regulations
- Experience in navigating the intricacies of local, state and federal political climates and engaging stakeholders to effectuate disaster recovery goals
- Proven to be an effective interface between the client, the State, FEMA, and other agencies/organizations
- Experience developing strategic approaches that maximize their reimbursement and leverage other funding streams
- A proven mechanism for tracking and managing disaster costs
- Possesses strong, working knowledge of Section 404 & 406 Hazard Mitigation
- Will prepare you for successful audits should they occur
CDR Maguire Can Help!
No matter the need – whether it’s planning, training, or technical assistance and support for disaster recovery, we strive to increase your sustainability for future disasters and get your reimbursement dollars funded quickly.
- CDR Maguire has responded to declared disasters in multiple states and has helped clients recover more than $50 billion in funds through disaster recovery grants, including FEMA Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, CDBG-DR and Hazard Mitigation.
- Our staff has worked at the local, state and federal level and has extensive experience navigating the response and recovery landscape.
- We have experience working with FEMA, USACE, NRCS, State Environmental Agencies, and other regulatory agencies.
- We have a network of experts available including, former FEMA personnel, Disaster Recovery Specialists, architectural/engineering professionals, construction services staff, financial/accounting, and audit experts, and GIS Specialists who can quickly mobilize to serve our clients.
- We’ve developed highly innovative solutions for maximizing our client’s recovery efforts and safeguarding their reimbursement. RecoveryTrax™ serves as a powerful tool for accurately tracking all costs, insurance claims/proceeds, other funding received, and noting missed reimbursement opportunities.
- We strive for efficiency in keeping project management costs low by tracking them through our proprietary technology, RecoveryTrax™.
- Our staff is proficient with FEMA’s Grant Portal Process (local and state level).
- Our costs are funded 100% under FEMA’s DRR policy.
We can support your recovery process, both short and long term, by providing strategic funding options that align with the needs of your community.
To learn more about CDR Maguire Emergency Management go to www.CDR-EM.com or reach out to EMinfo@cdrmaguire.com with specific questions.